Frequently Asked Questions
What is Shukran tier?
Tier are different levels of membership in Shukran. Your tier status will depend on how much you spend at Shukran partner outlets and will determine the benefits you will receive under the Programme
How many tier statuses does Shukran have?
Shukran is a two-tiered rewards programme, starting at Base Tier, followed by Gold.
How do I move up to a Shukran Gold tier?
Your tier status will depend on how much you spend at Shukran partner outlets. To move up to Shukran Gold tier, you need to spend at least AED 7500 in a single participating concept or in all participating concepts over a twelve (12) month period.
When I move up to a Shukran Gold tier, how long do I keep my Shukran Gold status and its benefits?
The Shukran Gold tier benefits are valid for a twelve (12) month period. In the event, you’re not eligible at the end of the twelve (12) month period, your tier status will be automatically downgraded to Base tier.
Will I receive a new card once I am upgraded to Shukran Gold tier?
You will not receive any replacement physical Shukran Membership Card however the virtual Shukran Membership Card on the Shukran mobile application will be updated. You can continue using your existing Shukran Membership Card and enjoy the benefits applicable to your tier status
Can I qualify for a Shukran Gold tier if I transact at your partner outlets frequently but don’t reach the required amount of spend?
Your tier status will be upgraded once you meet the required amount of spends in a single partner concept or in all partner concepts over a twelve (12) month period only.
How long are my tier status valid for?
Your tier status is valid for a twelve (12) month period.
What does a qualifying invoice / transaction mean when referring to tier qualification?
A ‘qualifying invoice / transaction’ is an invoice / transaction at any Shukran partner outlets which enabled you to reach the required amount of spends in a single partner concept or all partner concepts to move up to Shukran Gold tier.
What happens if I return the items related to a qualifying invoice / transaction?
In case you return the items related to a qualifying invoice / transaction and requested for a cash refund, you will be automatically downgraded to Base tier. You will only retain your Shukran Gold tier status if a credit note is issued against the returned items of the qualifying invoice / transaction.
I have multiple Shukran accounts and I have spent good amount of money in each account. Can you merge my accounts so that I will move up to Shukran Gold tier?
We can merge accounts provided that all details provided at the time of enrollment of all accounts will match.
I have spent a lot of money at Shukran external partners. Will it be included on the required amount of spends to move up to Shukran Gold tier?
Your tier status will depend on how much you spend at Shukran partner outlets only – spends at external partners are excluded..
- Free membership for life.
- Shukrans and rewards across a wide range of participating outlets.
- The chance to earn Shukrans even during sales and promotions.
- Exclusive offers, including special invitations to in-store activities and sale preview.
- Via a printed application form available at all participating outlets
- Through online registration on the Shukran website www.shukranrewards.com
- Via mobile app
What is Shukran?
Shukran is the Landmark Group's rewards programme. If you shop often at our outlets across the GCC , Jordan and Egypt, this programme adds value to your shopping experience by offering great rewards and benefits. By signing up for the programme, you get:
Sounds exciting! How do I sign up?
There are three different ways to enroll in the programme:
Is there a minimum spend amount or a joining fee to become a Shukran member?
No. Membership to Shukran is free for life. Just sign up at any of our participating outlets or online through our website, and you're ready to enjoy the programme.
The application asked for personal information. What about my privacy?
Your privacy is important to us. We restrict access to non-public personal information about our members and maintain strict procedural safeguards to protect it.
Does Shukran offer a family membership option?
At present, Shukran is for individual members only.
My membership information has changed. How do I update my profile?
You can update your Shukran Membership Profile by logging into your account online or by contacting the Member Services Centre.
My membership card looks like a credit card. Can I use it like one?
No, your Shukran membership card is not a credit card. Present it along with your payment at the time of purchase at the participating outlets to earn Shukrans. If you purchase at any participating outlet with the new accrual and redemption process, you can use it to redeem your available Shukrans. Please note that you need to have a complete updated profile and minimum of 200 available Shukrans to become eligible for redemption.
Can my Shukran membership ever become inactive?
Your Shukran membership is considered inactive if there are no transactions in the account for a period of 12 months. However, Shukrans that are in your account remain current for a period of 24 months. If you don't reactivate your membership during this period, the Shukrans expire. To reactivate your account, just use your membership card at any participating outlet.
I lost my membership card. How do I get a replacement?
In the interest of your security, please report the loss of your card at our Member Services Centre. One of our Shukran Ambassadors will be happy to assist you in generating your new membership number which you need to activate using the Shukran app. After activating, you need to enable your Shukran virtual card so that you can start earning and spending Shukrans. Please note that the Shukran virtual card is free of cost. If you will request for a plastic card, 250 Shukrans will be deducted from your account as lost card fee.
Since my replacement card has a new account number, what happens to the accumulated Shukrans on my old card?
Don't worry – the Shukrans from your old card will be carried forward to the new account number.
- Call the Member Services Centre in your country and quote your membership number
- Log on to www.shukranrewards.com to check the details yourself. You need to pre-register to access your account information.
- Mobile App
How do I earn Shukrans?
To start earning Shukrans, simply show your Shukran membership card each time you shop, dine or play at any of our participating outlets.
On what products can I earn Shukrans?
With Shukran, you can earn shukrans on all products except those from which you already benefit through other programmes or co-marketing partnerships.
How many Shukrans do I earn for my purchases?
The number of Shukrans you earn depends on the amount and period of your purchase, and the brand at which it is made. You can check exact details using the Shukrans Calculator tool.
Can I earn and redeem Shukrans across the different countries in which the Programme operates?
At the moment, Shukrans can be earned and redeemed only in the country where your membership card was issued.
Can I earn Shukrans if I don't have my Shukran membership card or number at hand?
You cannot earn Shukrans without showing your Shukran membership card.
What's the difference between Base and Bonus Shukrans?
Base Shukrans are Shukrans earned on everyday transactions during sale and non-sale periods. Bonus Shukrans are special shukrans awarded during a promotion, for example: 'Earn a bonus 200 Shukrans during the month of May'.
How long does it take for Shukrans to reflect in my account?
Shukrans which you earn on transacting will be credited to your account immediately.
How soon can I use my Shukrans after purchase?
Shukrans are available for redemption 14 days after a purchase is made.
Can I transfer Shukrans?
No, you cannot transfer your Shukrans
If I return a purchase, what happens to the Shukrans I earned on it?
If you return any item, a credit note will be issued to you and the Shukrans earned will not be reversed from your account. When you present a credit note for another purchase, you will not earn Shukrans against that new purchase.
I forgot to present my membership card at the time of purchase. Can I submit any proof of purchase and earn Shukrans retrospectively?
Yes. You can claim shukrans retrospectively only by logging in into your online account at Shukran website. Please note that you are allowed to submit a retrospective claim online once per quarter and only for a maximum of 4 times in a calendar year. Also, retrospective claims are not allowed for transactions which are more than 30 days old at the time of request to credit shukrans.
How do I check my Shukrans balance?
You can check your Shukrans balance in four ways:
When do my Shukrans expire?
Base, Bonus and Miscellaneous Shukrans are valid for 24 months from the date they were earned. Once expired, shukrans cannot be credited back to your account
How do I redeem my Shukrans?
You can redeem your Shukrans by visiting any of our rewards partners. Once you reach the cash till to make payment for your purchase, the cashier would be able to inform you the value of shukrans which are available for redemption in your account. You can either choose to redeem your Shukrans (in case purchase value is less than shukrans available), make part payment for the purchase (redeem shukrans plus pay remaining amount through other tender types) or to only earn Shukrans on your purchase.
What do I need to redeem my Shukrans?
You need to present your membership card and a valid photo id to redeem your Shukrans. The name on the valid photo id and our POS system should match for you to redeem your Shukrans. If the details do not match, unfortunately we will not be able to redeem your Shukrans.
The invoice which I received from your store says ‘Invalid Account’ Please call the call centre. What does this mean?
This simply means that you may have cancelled or merged your account. As per program rules, you cannot accrue shukrans on cancelled or merged accounts. To clarify the status of your account, please call the call center
The invoice which I received from your store says ‘Member Account cannot be updated due to technical error. Shukrans will be credited shortly, subject to eligibility’. What does this mean?
Please do not worry; you have not lost any of your Shukrans. Due to a technical glitch we were unable to connect to our servers to instantly update your account with the latest transaction. However, this would be done as soon as connectivity is established. You can call the call centre or write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm whether your Shukrans have been credited. Please retain this invoice copy as reference for you to confirm the addition of Shukrans to your account.
Landmark Shukran Programme or Shukran Rewards Programme (the 'Programme') is a loyalty programme operated by Landmark Retail Limited, its subsidiaries and group companies (hereinafter referred to as 'Landmark Group' or 'Landmark'). As a member, you will earn loyalty points(“Shukrans”) when making qualifying purchases or products and service at participating ‘Landmark Group’s outlets’ listed as Landmark Outlets at the https://www.shukranrewards.com/ and it’s partner outlets listed as Partner Outlets at the https://www.shukranrewards.com/, (hereinafter both Landmark Outlets and Partner Outlets together referred to as ‘Participating Outlets’) when showing your Shukran Membership Card at the time of purchase,in Bahrain, Egypt, Jordan, Kuwait, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia ,Lebanon, Oman, Qatar & United Arab Emirates (hereinafter referred to as ‘Territory’). Landmark may also partner with one or more providers of goods or services and allow them to participate in the Programme from time to time, which may include but not limited to financial and banking institutions, hotels, leisure and lifestyle services for providing goods and/or services to the members of the Programme (hereinafter referred to as ‘Programme Partners’). These terms and conditions relate to the membership, earning and redeeming of Shukrans under the Programme from its launch.
Your aforesaid consent will continue in effect unless you withdraw the consent by notice in writing to Shukran Member Services Centre. Withdrawal of consent may mean that certain services may no longer be provided to you, and also entitles Landmark to terminate your membership at its sole option.
- As a member of the Programme, you will be issued a membership card (“Shukran Membership Card”). You may also get a virtual Shukran Membership Card on your smart phone devise which support Android or iOS by downloading Shukran mobile application from your application store and signing on. You are responsible for costs involved in implementing and using the Shukran mobile application, on your mobile device. In case you are using the virtual Shukran Membership Card then please ensure to upload your latest photo in the Shukran moblile applications to be able to redeem your available Shukrans.
- Landmark reserves the right to withdraw or cancel any or all of the Shukran Membership Cards issued; refuse to award Shukrans ); withdraw Shukrans ); refuse the right to redeem Shukrans collected for any breach of these conditions or failure to pay for the purchases without prior notice.
- By using your Shukran Membership Card in any of the Programme's Participating Outlets for the purpose of earning Shukrans , you automatically provide acceptance of the Programme along with its rules, terms and conditions, which are subject to amendment from time to time.
- Your membership of the Programme can be revoked or refused if you are involved in any act of fraud, shoplifting, cheating with or without cause and without notice. The membership can also be revoked if you are found to be involved in any sort of misuse of the Shukran Membership Card of the Programme. In this given scenario all your existing Shukrans on the Shukran Membership Card shall also stand cancelled and cannot be redeemed.
- Landmark reserves the right to modify or close the Programme, or to change, cancel or withdraw any of the terms and conditions, without assigning any reasons whatsoever at any point of time at its own discretion. It reserves the right to discontinue Programme memberships - existing or new – permanently or temporarily for a period of time. The Participating Outlets and Programme Partners may also change from time to time, at the discretion of Landmark. Landmark will use reasonable efforts to include up-to-date and accurate information on the website www.shukranrewards.com for any such change, cancellation, addition, withdrawal or modification. It is your responsibility to carefully read, agree with and accept these terms and conditions. Your continuance as a member shall signify your acceptance to be bound by the latest terms and conditions applicable from time to time. If you do not agree to (or cannot comply with) any of the terms and conditions, we encourage you to surrender/withdraw your membership.
- Benefits and offers made to you through the Programme may change or be withdrawn without prior intimation. Landmark will not be responsible for any liability arising from such situations.
- Landmark has the right to modify the manner in which Shukrans are earned and redeemed, including the number of Shukrans earned and the value of these Shukrans , and will endeavor to notify you of any changes in advance.
- You are responsible for notifying the Shukran Member Services Centre, of any change in your address or contact details.
- Landmark will not be liable for any unlawful or misuse of your Shukran Membership Card or account, and it is your responsibility to ensure that your Shukran Membership Card/number is kept in a safe and secure location at all times.
- As a member you are responsible for any loss, damage or theft of your Shukran Membership Card (including but not limited to the loss of your mobile phone containing your Shukran mobile application. You must report any loss, damage or theft immediately to the Shukran Member Services Centre. Replacement Shukran Membership Cards that are issued for any reason whatsoever will have a new membership number and will be replaced for a penalty of 250 Shukrans, which will automatically be deducted from your account. If you do not have a balance of 250 or more Shukrans. Shukrans will be 'loaned' to you and any Shukrans you earn until such time as the loan has been repaid will not be available for redemption.
- Any loss of Shukran Membership Card or misuse of lost Shukran Membership Card shall be your sole responsibility and Landmark will not be held responsible. The loss should be advised immediately through the website or Shukran Member Services Centre and the lost Shukran Membership Card will be suspended within 96 hours of receipt of such a request to prevent any fraudulent use. A new Shukran Membership Card will be issued to you with a new membership number to prevent any fraudulent use of the previous card in physical or virtual form or in both forms.
- If benefits, facilities or arrangements are provided or made available to a member as a result of his / her membership, whether these are provided by Landmark or by Programme Partners, such a member will be personally liable for any and all costs, taxes, surcharges, fees, charges, claims or liabilities of whatever nature arising from the provision or availability of such benefits, facilities or arrangements.
- For security reasons, only your personal mobile number can be registered in your account and using mobile numbers that belongs to someone else is not permissible. Your Shukran account can only have one phone number attached to it. To ensure you receive communication from Shukran, an accurate and up-to-date personal mobile number and email address is required at all times
- By enrolling in the Programme, you unconditionally grant your consent to Landmark to collect, retain, use and disclose information contained in the Shukran membership Application form or otherwise provided to Landmark or Programme Partners pursuant to the Programme and your other personal information including not limited to your name, email id, addresses, contact numbers, date of birth and transaction details etc. for the following purposes:
- To ensure the efficient running of the Programme, including the accrual and redemption of Shukrans;
- To provide information about the Programme;
- To develop/offer new products and services;
- For accounting and audit purposes;
- For marketing and market research and analysis purposes;
- To be disclosed as required by law;
- To send you communications (or to contact you) about promotions, services, products and facilities offered by Landmark or Programme Partners;
- To assist in the planning, development and implementation of the Programme
- To disclose and share with Programme Partners and permit them to use and/or retain it for any of the aforesaid purposes, including directly contacting you strictly with respect to the Programme.
- While Landmark will endeavor to ensure that the services, benefits, facilities and arrangements as expressed or advertised by Landmark and the Programme Partners will be available to the members, Landmark will not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, arising from the provision or non-provision, whether whole or part, of any such services, benefits, facilities or arrangements.
- When a member seeks to use or obtain any of the services, benefits, facilities or arrangements offered, the provision of such services, benefits, facilities or arrangements will be subject to the respective terms and conditions of the provider of said benefits, facilities or arrangements.
- Landmark shall not be liable for any loss or damage, whether direct or indirect, resulting from termination or change of, or to the Programme or any of the facilities, benefits or arrangements which are made available to members, including, without limitation, Programme Partners' withdrawal or the withdrawal or limiting of any such services, benefits or facilities.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the country issuing the Shukran Membership Card and any dispute may be referred to the courts of the respective country.
- The terms and conditions as published on the Shukran Website i.e. www.shukranrewards.com, subject to amendment, shall be final, binding and supersede the terms and conditions herein and other information as provided in relation to the Programme.
- The Shukran Membership Card shall always remain the property of the Landmark Group and you will only be the custodian of the same.
- Only an individual who has attained the age of 18 years, as on the day of application, is entitled for the membership of the Programme. Applications received from members under the age of 18 will be blocked for redemption of Shukrans till the member attains the age of 18.
- The membership to the Programme is free and the membership card is not a corporate card/corporate membership.
- Membership is non-transferable and can only be used by you, as the authorised member. You may cancel your membership at any time by giving Landmark a written notice.
- Your physical Shukran Membership Card requires the cardholders signature as indicated on each card. Members should ensure they sign each card immediately to ensure protection from fraud.
- The Membership will be allotted purely at the discretion of the management and final decisions on all matters relating to the Shukran Membership Card shall rest with Landmark.
- A member who has not transacted within a 12-month period will be deemed by the Programme as 'Inactive'. No communications will be sent to members in Inactive Status. To avoid becoming an Inactive member, ensure that you have at least one transaction within a 12-month period. Members in Inactive Status will be re-activated to Active Status as soon as they make their next transaction.
- A member shall at all times hold only one valid Shukran Membership Card in his name. If found otherwise, Landmark reserves the right to cancel all Shukran Membership Cards held by the Person in his name and the Shukrans accrued in such cards cannot be redeemed
- There are two (2) tiers of membership Programme being Base and Gold. Your membership tier status determines the benefits you will receive under the Programme.
- All new members automatically are granted the introductory level of Base tier.
- To advance to the Gold tier status and to renew your Gold tier status validity after expiry of every twelve month period of Gold tier status, you must spend as required under Programme at Landmark Outlets (as we may publish from time to time on https://www.shukranrewards.com) within the last consecutive twelve month period required to be earned and maintained for Gold tier membership will be published by us, which will be subject to change from time to time.
- Your new Gold tier status or any renewal thereof is valid for a twelve (12) months period. If Gold tier status is not eligible at the end of aforesaid twelve (12) months period then it will be automatically downgraded to Base tier.
- Upon your advancement to Gold tier status or downgrade to Base tier status you will not receive any replacement physical Shukran Membership Card however the virtual Shukran Membership Card on the Shukran mobile application will be updated. You can continue using your existing Shukran Membership Card and enjoy the benefits applicable to your tier status.
- You can earn Shukrans at any Participating Outlet in the Territory, Shukrans will be earned and accrued at the then current earning rate applicable to the country to which the Participating Outlet belongs in accordance with terms of the Programme for that country. Earning rate of Shukrans will be published and updated by us from time to time on Shukran website i.e. https://www.shukranrewards.com.
- At the time of purchase, Shukrans will be credited to your account upon presentation of your valid Shukran Membership Card.
- All Shukrans earned under this programme are valid for 24 months. All unused Shukrans over 24 months will expire and shall not be available for redemption. You can access your account details at any time on www.shukranrewards.com.
- Shukrans once redeemed against a purchase can in no event be re-credited. All purchase returns must happen as per Landmark Group terms of purchase. In the event of a Purchase Return by a member, a credit note will be issued against the returned item to the member. Shukrans given on the original item will not be deducted from the member's account and as and when the member uses the credit note, he/she will not get any Shukrans.
- Your Shukrans balance cannot be pooled with the Shukrans balance of any other member at any point of time.
- Shukrans earning rate is as per the prescribed earning rate mentioned on the Shukran website and your current membership tier status
- Shukrans can be earned only at Participating Outlets and through Programme Partners as mentioned on the Programme website. Landmark reserves the right to add or remove any of the Participating Outlets anytime without prior notification. Landmark will endeavour to advise you of any changes to outlets in advance.
- Shukrans earned will be available for redemption only after 14 days from the transaction date.
- A Member can claim his Shukrans retrospectively, as provided herein below:
- A Member can claim Shukrans retrospectively only by visiting the website and logging into his/her account.
- A Member is allowed to submit a retrospective claim online only for 1 invoice per quarter – a maximum of 4 times in a calendar year. Retrospective claims are not allowed for transactions which are more than 30 days old at the time of request to credit Shukrans .
- The claim shall be processed only if the invoice number, invoice date and rewards partner matches with the Company's records.
- The Company has the right to disregard any claim for genuine reasons whatsoever.
- No claims shall be entertained where transactions have been made using existing Shukrans and/or Credit Notes.
- Landmark reserves the right to adjust the number of Shurkans you have accrued if the Shukrans were accrued as a result of error or misrepresentation, negligence, card or terminal malfunction or for any other reason resulting in the Shukrans being invalidly accrued
- Members can redeem points accumulated in their accounts by visiting any of our Participating outlets. A member should at any given point of time have a minimum of 200 points in his/her account to become eligible for redemption. When the member visits any of our reward partners and makes a transaction, our cashiers will be able to inform the value of points available for redemption in the member's account. The Members may choose to redeem the points in full or in part. Members need to have a complete updated profile in our system to redeem their points. If a member does not redeem the entire value of his/her points, the balance value will remain in the member's account and can be used towards the future transactions provided he/she has a minimum of 200 points in his or her account at the time of redemption.
- Members must show their Shukran Membership Card, and a valid photo identity for verification at the time of redemption of their points. in order to redeem, the name mentioned on the valid id and our POS system should match.
- Shukran membership card can be used for accruing and redeeming Shukrans across all Shukran participating territories and in any of the participating stores/outlet
- Shukran Points available for redemption cannot be exchanged for cash.
- Shukran Points once redeemed cannot be used again.
- If the value of the purchase is more than the value of the Shukran points the balance amount must be paid by the member using a valid payment method.
- Shukran Points which are not redeemed by the member will remain in his account for a period of 24 months from the time they were earned. Post this time period the points will expire and cannot be re-credited to the member's account.
Landmark reserves the right to modify, cancel or withdraw the terms and conditions at any point of time at Landmark's own discretion, which inter alia includes the right to withdraw or cancel any or all of the Shukran Membership Cards issued, refuse to award Points, withdraw Points, refuse the right to redeem Points collected for any breach of these conditions or failure to pay for the purchases without prior notice.